Not too long ago I mentioned how fragrant the Jazmin is here in Uruguay. When we were in Buenos Aires we saw some gorgeous flowers as well. These pictured above really made an impression on me. They reminded me of orchids, though I have never seen such large orchids with this bright red color. The tree was located in the plaza in front of the "Casa Rosada", where the Argentine president lives.
The last day that ET and I were in BA we took a beautiful long walk through the rose gardens which are located past the barrio of Recoleta. The gardens were very well kept and they had hundreds of varieties. There is also a white bridge with a legend for lovers...or rather, those seeking lovers. I can't remember quite how it went, but something about walking on the bridge forward and back will bring you a match made in heaven! It must work...I had not seen so many people smooching in public since high school!
20 December 2006
Flores
Posted by
La Gaucha Guapa
at
12/20/2006 03:35:00 PM

3 Comments:
What great pictures... The roses are so bright!
The flowers were beautiful this spring... and smelled so fragrant that the bees were all around. I tried to get a picture of one coming out of a yellow rose, but it was blurry.
On another note, Buenos Aires is in the NY Times again, this time about a Secret Eatings trend. I read a similar article about L.A. eats about a year ago.
Hi there, ET and GG:
Just catching up on the blog, and it looks to me that you will be in Uruguay for Christmas. A card is (slowly) coming your way, then. We send you lots of love, and I'm sure Leenie and Lily and Greg will second that motion! BTW: Greg and Leenie will be in (wait for it) Marrakesh, over Christmas Week, while Lil is with her dad.
All's well here, and we love you both.
Fran and John
Post a Comment